Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Reaching for stillness

Stillness is ...

not something I do well. What does it mean to be still? To me it means stopping all activity except listening -- listening to what the Spirit would have me do. My mind constantly keeps jumping to things of the world that need to be done - or rather - I think need to be done.

I use the word "still" to help me center and focus on God. If I cannot learn to be still, how can I listen to God and truly accept him as Master?

So daily right now I reach out to Stillness, knowing that it will come.

This is my first attempt at blogging. Don't expect too many posts to appear here soon!

2 comments:

Mark Wutka said...

Hello, My Dear!
I am so happy that you have started a blog and you can share with everyone else the wonderful soul that I have the privilege of being married to!
With love,
Your Mark

Liz Opp said...

Hi, Ceal--

Thanks for giving me the heads-up that you've "taken the plunge." I'll read you as I'm able...

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up