Saturday, April 21, 2007

Psalm II

This morning I was sitting in the lovely sun room of my in-laws. As I read some words of Douglas van Steere on worship and adoration, I went to see if I could write words of adoration myself. When I write in my journal, I try to just let my hand move as thoughts enter my head. A "psalm" came out this morning and I am entering it here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How kind You have been to me,
How gentle to my soul.
My life overflows with goodness,
You have surrounded me in peace.
Blessings embrace me every day:
The beauty of nature around me;
the birds chirping sweetly in song;
The stillness I now feel within;
Family surrounding me in support,
Their love wrapping me in security;
The sun lights the background
As I sit amidst this beauty.
What words can be found
To give adequate thanks?
What gifts do I have to offer?
I feel so small in the
Magnitude of my blessings.
I offer my life to You,
My God, my wondrous Benefactor.
Because this life came from You,
The value must be great indeed.
Here is my life, Lord.
May it praise You through each day.

No comments: